Monday, October 19, 2009

Anyone going to Philly?...





The auditions are picking up. Hooray. Let me tell you, sucks to be an actor in an economic downturn. You hear everything from "poor DVD sales are to blame" to "The bond market is making the Studios cautious" as reasons for the dearth of auditions. Would that be the James Bond market, I wonder?... It's such a complex math. There really is no way to predict what will come down the pike. It always comes down to the individual - sometimes you book. Sometimes you don't. The more chances there are the better your odds. You just gotta do your thing.
.
Speaking of doing things - I got a last minute call to come out to Philadelphia this weekend. Yahoo. I'll be at the Game X thingy thing out there in Philly; where I hear it is always sunny. Looking forward to seeing some of you out there - if you can make it come on out. Looks like a lot of fun.
.
I'll leave you with some shots of Hong Kong, I was there on a stopover en route to Perth last week. Awesome place.

13 comments:

Còmhradh said...

Looking forward to it! When are you going to be at GameX?

amaryllis said...

Heck, Philly's only a couple hours away. Seriously, Dude, what's your schedule at GameX?

Anonymous said...

More great photos! You certainly get around!;)
Good luck with the auditions and have fun in Philly! Wish I could be there but there is an ocean in the way! :(

Misty aka s_aurius said...

You sure are making your way around the world right now! Have fun in Philly. :)

Rosehawk said...

Wow, another post so soon. Nice to see all the lovely pics after a long day at work! You really are getting a chance to see the world, lucky you!

Glad to hear the auditions are picking up. We definitely do not get to see enough David Nykl on the screen!

Have fun in Philly. It's too short notice for me as I am already committed to working with youths and eagles (birds, not the band) this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing some of your auditions working out for you!

Migraine Mama said...

So close and yet so far! You will only be a state away, and yet I still cannot go! (Pulls at hair and gnashes teeth) Ah well, I hope you have fun. And I agree with Rosehawk (as I usually do), we do not get to see enough of you in the movies or on TV. Who would we write to about that, does anyone know? Take care.

Sasha said...

Tell us if you get anything so we can make sure to watch for it!
GameX? Sounds cool, too bad it's so far away
Have fun anyway and try not to miss the cold ;)
-Kanku

archersangel said...

nice pics! have fun in philly.

Tai said...

Aaah... Hong Kong...
Funny. I study Chinese and have never been there. Though I would like to. And you - just by the way - en route to somewhere... Grrr! *enviously gnashes teeth*
At liest you see the world and all those con-geeks. We also have an economic downturn here, but the only thing that WE see is increasing budget deficit...
Have fun in Philadelphia and I´m looking forward to see more "en route" pics! :-)

Chez said...

How was perth?

I hear you're coming to Melbourne (again right? I can't remeber if you can down for a previous con because if you did, I missed it) for Hub Productions in Marchish next year! Hopefully you get a chance to come down again and it doesn't clash with your work schedule.

VelveetaWingnut said...

Getting closer to Ohio all the time. Pittsburgh would be nice. I'll keep watching for when you come within 4 hours of North East Ohio. :-)

Unknown said...

moc hezké fotky Davide :D

Anonymous said...

Totally random and irrelevant but I think you should sign up for a twitter account!